Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
erkutduygulu's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 28th, 2023 11:58 PM

Sim Lock My İphone

When I changed the sim card, I learned that the iPhone I bought from the phone store in Turkey was connected to ATT. 

When i applied to unlock my device it was associated with fraud.

I encountered such a problem when I changed the sim card on the phone I have been using for 3 years.

I request from ATT, can you unlock my phone?

What can I do with fraud? i am a student and i am the victim
I want to be able to use my phone on my own carrier

Please help me..

ACE - Master

• 

11K Messages

1 year ago

Since AT&T doesn’t sell phones in Turkey, the phone is second hand and you don’t know its history.  It likely was associated with fraud, and AT&T won’t unlock phones associated with fraud.  You would have to call AT&T and somehow convince them that there was no fraud, which you can’t do.  Get your money back from the phone store you bought it from.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I couldn't understand why I couldn't call AT&T and convince them it wasn't a scam. 

The device that I have the bill of, won't they unlock the sim to save a victim?

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

1 year ago

@erkutduygulu

AT&T cannot remove the phone from the fraud list if it's been lost or stolen because the person who reported it is the owner who is the victim of the loss or theft.

As @dwill05  suggested, get your money back.  The phone cannot be used by anyone.  Even if you could remove the AT&T lock they will not remove it from the fraud list which means it won't work on any carrier not even AT&T. 

The business you purchased it from should refund your money unless it is they who are scamming you.. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.