So I'm currrently in the process of unlocking a iPhone 5 16gb to use with my ATT goPhone plan.
- Iphone 5 16gb ATT GSM
Events So far
- Ask ATT to unlock the device throught the unlock portal
- Recieved confirmation and waited 2 buisiness days
- Recieved a confirmation that the device is now unlocked
- Attempted to put sim in iphone to activate
- The iphone sees the sim card, even gets data and cellular connection
- The iphone refuses to activate and gives the following error
The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.
Any help will be apprecieated.