The new iPhone 15
Harrigans's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 1st, 2023 6:53 PM

Sent in trade in but being charged for the phones.

I upgraded my phones from the iPhone 12 to the iPhone 14 (two of them).  I sent the iPhone12s back using the labels and instructions provided by AT&T back in October.  I have the receipt with tracking information from USPS.  

Now I am being charged for the iPhone 12s they say they never received.  Once it is received by USPS, it is out of my hands.  How do I go about fixing my bill that is over $700 to avoid service interruption?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

The only reason they would charge you for the iPhone 12s is if the were not paid off.   Were they? 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

You may have no choice but to pay the bill and get credited back later. Not paying the bill by the due date will just result in service suspension. Since you have the tracking information, file an FCC or BBB complaint to escalate to corporate. As noted, the only reason to charge you is if they weren’t paid off which would mean you did a Next Up early upgrade, not the trade in promotion. Hopefully, you sent the phones to the right location since early upgrade returns go to a different place than the trade in promotion. 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

This was the promotion that I did. I used the shipping labels and boxes that AT&T sent so I don’t see how it could have gone to the wrong place. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

Neither of us said they went to the wrong place. Both of us said that it looks like your iPhone 12s were not paid off.  

By the way the photo you posted looks like a switch offer. Did you switch to AT&t?   It doesn't provide any other information on what the requirements were for the promotion you participated in. Trade in offers generally require that your phone be paid off.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.