For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 10th, 2020 12:11 AM

returning traded in phone

In March 2020, I upgraded my iPhone 8 to an iPhone 11 Pro (at a Sam's Club contract store) during the period that I was required to return my iPhone 8 to AT&T. The representative at Sam's Club said that AT&T would send me a package to return my iPhone 8 to them in the mail. To date, I have not received anything to return the 8 to AT&T and I have contact AT&T twice requesting the packaging to return it. All I have received is automated messages from AT&

T that the deadline to return my 8 is rapidly approaching and I need to return it or be charged the balance of the contract. One AT&T rep I actually talked to on the phone (Which is really hard to do during the COVID-19 Stay at Home period) said I could take it to the open store in the area and return it. I contact the store open in the area and was told by a sales rep and a manager that they can't do that, I would have to mail it in. I have been an AT&T Wireless customer since the days of Pac Bell Cellular and have never experience a problem like this. I want to return the 8 in accordance with the contract, but it seems no one can get me the return package to do it. What is the solution??????

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @1FrustratedCustomer,

To assist our customers during this time, we’re temporarily extending the time-frame to return the trade-in equipment, needed to take advantage of a promotional offers starting on March 6, 2020, to 60 days.

Get more information here about how to trade in your old wireless devices.

Hope this helps,

The AT&T Community Team

• 

2 Messages

I appreciate that AT&T is giving 60 days for the return of the trade in phones, however, do the AT&T computers know that? The automated messages I have received show an April 2020 due date. I also need the return shipping kit to accomplish this.

Thanks for the response.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Well I got an answer to my previous post. I got the following message today: "AT&T Free Msg: We didn't receive your previous device by 4/18/20. You will see a charge of $$$ for your IPHONE 8U 256GB SLV on you next wireless bill. If it has been returned, please contact us at 800.331.0500. Thanks for choosing AT&T."

So I guess this means that the AT&T computers DON'T know that the company is giving 60 days to return devices :(

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.