Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jan 25, 2020 4:46 AM

Release IMEI

I purchased a renewed and unlocked Iphone 8 from Amazon Refurbish. However, TotalWireless is not able to connect because they say the IMEI is still associated with AT&T which must have been from the previous owner. How can I get the IMEI released so that it will work with my carrier?

Responses

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

I tried to submit an unlock request, but even when all the information is entered, the ”next” button was still greyed out.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

a month ago

Hello,

You can attempt unlock as a non-customer via www.att.com/deviceunlock. You may not be successful there, and at that point it’s a matter of reaching out to buyer. Just because it was posted for sale as unlocked, doesn’t mean they actually completed process (as outlined in above link) to correctly device beforehand you purchased it.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.