Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Give Mom a virtual hug with our Mother's Day Gift Guide.
tigerprash's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jun 17, 2015 7:52 PM

refurbished iphone 6 walmart

hi, if i buy iphone 6 locked to AT&T from walmart. Would At&T will unlock it as I am paying full price not under contract?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-iPhone-6-16GB-Refurbished-AT-T-Locked/42104299

Responses

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 y ago

they are supposed to, but since the phone was never used on the AT&T network, AT&T will not have a record of the IMEI. That is done once the phone is activated on the network. You can get it unlocked, but it may take a while until you and AT&T can get their signals straight to get it unlocked. There are posts all over this forum of people that have purchased AT&T phones and wanted them unlocked to use on another network.

Most of the time it is the price, as unlocked versions usually cost a little more, but there is a big hassle to unlock that it may be better in the long run to purchase the unlocked version from the get go.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 y ago

For the price WaLMart selling refurb iPhone 6, you can go Apple Store Online, buy SIM Free and brand new iPhone 6, 16gb pay little more, they are already unlocked. No need all the hassles to get it unlocked.😉
Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question