The new iPhone 15
Willisrachel19's profile

1 Message

Friday, January 12th, 2024 3:33 AM

Recover my moms old voicemail greeting

My mom died 11 years ago. Her number has been disconnected from our plan but doesn’t seem to belong to anyone else. Was just wondering if there’s a way to recover it so I can record it. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

3 months ago

No.

Let's not create false hope. Once your mom's account was terminated everything connected to it also terminated.

Including any old voicemail greeting, any old cloud storage content.  All gone.

Even if you can buy her phone number (as a business "vanity" number) nothing connected it to it in the past will be included.

I know that's not the answer that you want.  But extending some sort of false hope would be crueler.  Service providers do not save information in perpetuity.  Even her old phone records prior to 7 years ago would have been expunged from the system and no further record would remain.

I am sorry for your loss. It never really goes away.  But it sounds like she was a much cherished person and hopefully you have other ways of remembering her.  

ACE - Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

3 months ago

Probably not.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

3 months ago

You might try creating a business account and request a vanity number (mother’s old number) and doing a transfer of billing responsibility to your individual account after a certain amount of time. 

Link below on more info on TOBR. 

https://carecentral.att.com/TOBR

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.