Recover Lost Data - iPhone
Learn How To Recover Your iPhone Data and How To Create a Backup
If data was erased because of a restore or factory reset you had to perform on your device, there are some options to restore what was lost!
Note: Most restore options are downloaded from the cloud. In some instances, accounts must be setup prior to a restore.
Restoring Data On An Apple Device
If you see the Hello Screen, just follow the onscreen setup until you reach the Apps & Data screen. From there. Make to stay connected to Wi-Fi until the restore is complete.
1. Tap restore from iCould Backup.
2. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
3. Choose a backup. Look at the date and size of each and pick the most relevant.
4. Sign in to your Apple ID account to restore your apps and purchases. If you can’t remember your password, you can tap Skip this Step and sign in later.
5. Stay connected and wait for a progress bar to appear and complete. Depending on the size of the backup and the network speed, the progress bar might need a few minutes to an hour to complete. Content like your apps, photos, music, and other information will continue to restore in the background for the next several hours or days, depending on the amount of information there is.
Note: You may need to download the latest iOS. You will be prompted during the setup. Also, a backup must have been performed in the past for this option to work.
For more information and other options to restore your phone, click here.
Tips: Backup your device often. To backup your Apple device:
1. Connect Your Device to a Wi-Fi network
2. Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings, then scroll down and tap iCloud.
3. Tap iCloud Backup. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Backup. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on.
4. Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.
5. Make sure that the backup finished: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage, then select your device. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then select your device. The backup should appear in the details with the time and backup size.
-ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService