Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
gats68's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Nov 11, 2017 4:10 AM

received AT&T unlock approval for iphone but still does not work

AT&T approved my unlock request for Iphone 7+ more than a week back but still the device is locked. What can I do? I have tried everything but no luck. Please help

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.4K Messages

4 y ago

Everything means what?   

What carrier are you trying to use?

Contact Apple and ask them if the phone is unlocked on their end.   

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

Thanks much for your reply. My apologies I was not specific. this iphone is locked to AT&T. I have an email from AT&T which says the phone is unlocked and they listed steps to try. since I am going to use the phone with T-Mobile, I inserted T-Mobile sim card but I get 

"SIM Not Valid

The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information."

I also did a backup/erase/restore method and did not work.

how do I get AT&T do what they are suppose to do when they approve the unlock of the phone?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.4K Messages

4 y ago

@gats68

If you got an approval from ATT, they did there part. 

What happened when you did the backup, erase, restore with iTunes?   If you didn’t get the “congratulations....” message, the unlock is not completed from Apple servers.  

Possibly Apple didn’t update their servers.  

Call Apple to see what’s up on their end. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

Yes I did not get any congratulations message when I did backup/erase/restore method.

I have not reached out to apple since all the messages on their site and on web basically mentions most likely AT&T has not updated their server.

I will try to reach out to apple and see what they say. Thanks much for your help.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.4K Messages

4 y ago

Your phone is locked on Apple servers.  Since ATT approved it Apple must not have got the message.

call Apple with you IMEI ready

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

Thanks everyone. I talked to apple but they asked me to go back to AT&T. finally got someone at AT&T who looked through and confirmed AT&T had not unlocked the phone. They did expedite the unlock process and now I am set.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 y ago

I have same issue,

But I'm from outside US.

How can i get some support from AT&T?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.