For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
alisonM1782's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 21st, 2022 9:24 AM

PROOF OF PURCHASE

I purchased an iphone from at&t back in july of 2018. I honestly cannot recall whether this phone was purchased online or at the retail store in my hometown. I no longer carry an account with at&t, but I am 100% the phone is paid off and is mine free and clear, however I don’t know how to go about obtaining a proof of purchase from 4 years ago from an account that has since been closed. It’s the only possible way to have it removed and unlocked from my old icloud acct. which I also no longer have access to due to my phone being stolen a year or so ago.  help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

2 years ago

To obtain a reprint of your original purchase receipt you have to either go to the store where you purchased the phone or call a t t and have them mail you a copy of your purchase receipt. But you don't know which method you used to purchase your phone you will have to try both and see which one is successful. I have no idea what are you no longer being a customer will make a difference or not.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

2 years ago

Not sure what you’re trying to do.  Usually proof of purchase is requested by Apple to bypass an iCloud activation lock, but if the phone is stolen and you don’t have it, why do you need to bypass the lock?  I’m not sure what harm having an old device on your iCloud account does, and if the issue is carrier unlocking the phone, removing an iCloud lock doesn’t get the phone unlocked, plus if the phone’s been reported stolen, it’s probably been blacklisted anyway.

Anyway, to get a receipt proving that you purchased the phone, you’ll likely need to provide your number and other account information to verify that you’re the one who actually bought the phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.