Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
The new iPhone 14
Skyler000's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jul 14, 2018 4:56 AM

Price of replacement SIM card

My phone (iPhones 6s) was water damaged and so was my SIM card. My brother gave me his old phone (iPhone 7), would it cost me to transfer that phone over onto my plan and would they charge me for a new SIM card? I'm kind of in a rush because I am currently without a phone.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

4 y مضت

If your brothers phone is AT&T already then you’ll just need a new SIM card. I believe you do have to pay for the card itself. I think it’s $5 but it’s been some time since I had to get a new one.  After that you just insert the new SIM and you’re good to go. Call a store nearby to see if they have SIM cards in stock. Ordering one online or over the phone takes a day or two to arrive.  

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

4 y مضت

P.S. there’s no charge to use another phone. I’ve switched phones about three times. All it is is putting your SIM card in. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y مضت

Would it cost to get a new SIM card because the one that was in my phone is now water damaged?
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.9K Messages

4 y مضت

Yes, as @Anonymous said, ATT corporate stores charge $5 for a replacement sim. Authorized retailers may charge more.

Need help?
The new iPhone 14
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.