The new iPhone 15
Yet7gn's profile

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

Friday, November 10th, 2017 12:29 AM

Prepaid Multiline iPhone for Wifi Calling and VoLTE, etc. - Questions

I am currently on ATT's prepaid multiline plan. I am considering purchasing a previously used iPhone SE and putting it on the plan. I need to know the following:
1. Is the iPhone SE model capable of VoLTE, wifi calling, number sync, and call protect on a prepaid plan?
2. Is there a difference in software or hardware between a carrier locked and a prepaid iPhone SE?
3. If the iPhone SE is a prepaid phone that is not yet unlocked, will I be able to later unlock it if I am using it on my prepaid plan?
4. Will I have any problems upgrading iOS versions if I get a used phone that hasn't been upgraded?
5. How can I be certain that the used iPhone is an ATT branded phone? 

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

VOLTE requires postpaid. With that being said WiFi-Calling requires VOLTE, so does NumberSync and Call Protect. You cannot use these features on prepaid.

iPhone SE prepaid may be unlocked with 6 months of paid prepaid service.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

1) No

2) No

3) Yes

4) No

5) The only way to know if it is an ATT branded phone is if it is locked to ATT. 

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

I haven't decide if I'm getting the new iPhone SE 32 gb that is for sale from ATT's website or if I am going to get a used one with more gb. I saw on the ATT website that prepaid iPhones cannot be resold. Surely they only mean you can't resale them as new, right? If I buy it and use it, I can still later resell it if I want to get a new phone, right?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.