Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 4:07 PM

Please unlock my phone

I received confirmation of my Iphone unlock request about 5 a.m. Tuesday, 14 January, so it has been over four days. Status still shows "In Progress". My old phone died and I am really missing having one . . . Is this kind of delay normal? It is not being used in any active cellular plan currently (was used with AT&T a few years ago), and has no loan or outstanding account balance.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a month ago

What do you mean by confirmation? Do you mean you have verified your email address? Or have you received an email saying that your phone is unlocked?

Which iPhone are you trying to unlock and what carrier are you trying to use it on?

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Email verified and a message received that it was in progress. I can also check status and it says the same. It's an older Iphone 6, and I will be using it with Metro-PCS.

• 

4 Messages

Now I know how Moses felt . . .

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

Well, it turns out that the phone number I was using (updated) didn't match what was originally used on AT&T for that phone. Once I corrected that and resubmitted, it was unlocked within a minute.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

a month ago

Hello,

Visit www.att.com/deviceunlock to check the status or resubmit again if it’s been that long. You have to verify the device is paid off, was purchased from AT&T and not on a blacklist. If you can’t resubmit request and made sure you opened and verified all emails, then contact customer service at (Phone number hidden)

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.