The new iPhone 15
Nicolas78's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 3rd, 2023 6:40 PM

Placed a FaceTime call to a family member at 8:20pm - no answer. They received a missed call message at 10:38pm - not at 8:20pm. Why?

Id like to preface this with this is a FaceTime call attempt between myself and my 8 year old daughter.  I share custody with my ex wife. She is extremely difficult to co parent with and is causing an issue with this.

I attempted to call my daughter via FaceTime at 8:20pm for my nightly call with her.  There was no answer. I did not attempt to call again.

I received a message from my ex wife at 10:42pm asking why I was trying to call our daughter at such a late hour.  She later shared with me a photo of our daughters phone call log which shows a missed call from my number at 10:38pm. I never placed a call to our daughter at 10:38pm, my phone was with me at that time, not being used.  The only contact I attempted was at 8:20pm via FaceTime. 

My phone call log shows the attempted call on the specific date at 8:20pm with no other attempts/calls on that date.

My daughters phone call log shows an missed call on the specific date at 10:38pm with no other attempts/calls on that date.

Can someone explain why this happened?  How it happened?  My ex wife is convinced I tried to call our 8 year old daughter at 10:38pm, not at 8:20pm, and is making a huge deal about this.

Attached is a screen shot of my log (dark mode)

Attached other photo is of my daughters call log.

ACE - Master

• 

10.1K Messages

1 year ago

Face time calls are sent through Apple’s servers as data, which means it either goes through Wifi, or the cellular data network (5G, or LTE).  Why she didn’t answer or why the time shown is different seems like a question for Apple, not AT&T.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

Apple issue 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.