The new iPhone 15
Maverick77's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, April 25th, 2018 5:53 AM

Photos deleted

All my photos are deleted. My iCloud photos library was saved in backups. Then deleted it from photo album from my old phone so I can return it by mail. It’s was set up on my new phone & the photos were there. Now the photos are gone on my new phone. What happened?  Why was it deleted on new phone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Except that has nothing to do with the mobile transfer app. As I noted above, that is the way the iCloud Photo Library works. You didn’t even need to use the transfer app to move your photos. All you needed to do was sign into your iCloud account on the 6 and turn the iCloud Photo Library setting on. It would have automatically downloaded all your photos from iCloud.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@Maverick77: For iTunes, you have to download it to your personal computer: https://www.apple.com/itunes/. As for iCloud, here is some info: https://www.apple.com/icloud/

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Did you reset the phone or delete the photos? I believe if you just delete them it removes them off all devices logged in as they are synced together 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

1st I synced all data from my iPhone 5s to iPhone 6 with the app called AT&T Mobile Transfer. Then I had to contacted ProTech at 1-888-490-6096 to activate my services for iPhone 6. I had to give them my IMEI # & ICCID # to activate the phone. Then iPhone 5s was no longer in service. The photos, text messages & apps were still on both phones after this was done. So in order to return my iPhone 5s in the mail. I deleted all photos, apps, & text messages on the iPhone 5s. After I had done this, I didn’t know it was deleting all the photos & text messages from the iPhone 6 as well. All other apps remain the same. I thought it was saved from syncing using the AT&T Mobile Transfer.

Sent from my iPhone

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Maverick77 again, did you delete them or reset the phone?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I didn’t reset the phone because I didn’t remember my restriction passcode, so I deleted it only on iPhone 5s.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

It probably removed them as it's synced. If you can't remove restrictions you more than likely will have to pay for the phone as they can't resell it

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

The AT&T representative told me all I had to do was enter my password 10 times & it’ll lock the phone, since I don’t remember my “restriction passcode”. I haven’t done this yet to have it locked & the rep. didn’t mentioned any charges for not removing the restriction. Btw, the phone I’m returning is damaged.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Are you doing a next trade in or selling the phone to att? 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

None. I have insurance to replace the damaged phones & therefore the mail me an iPhone 6 to replace iPhone 5s since they don’t make iPhone 5s anymore.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.