Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 4:33 AM

Phone unlock

i purchased 2 Iphone 8s recently and when they arrived and i put my Tmobile sim cards in them they wont work and say the phone is locked to ATT. So i went to the AT&T unlock website and it says i upgraded recently and have to wait 14 days. I do NOT nor have i ever had an AT&T account, so this makes no sense. i tried the customer support phone number as well as going in store and no one knows what im talking about. i just want my phones unlocked and no one wants to help.

Responses

dwill05

Master

• 

3.7K Messages

3 months ago

Where did you buy them? If you bought them from another person, the phones may have been on their account and they may have been the one who got the upgrade.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.3K Messages

3 months ago

If the phones were sold for AT&T, then they are locked for at least 14 days. Where did you purchase the phones? New or used?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…