Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
D

• 

1 Message

Tue, Mar 31, 2020 6:30 PM

phone doesn't work so can't receive and use authorization code sent by text

My phone is broken. I've tried to get into my ATT account to activate my old phone but an authorization code is sent via text and I'm not able to receive a test. The same goes when I try to order a new phone. At the end of the order process it is necessary to enter an authorization code to prove who you are but I can't receive the code because my phone doesn't work.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.7K Messages

8 months ago

The text is being sent to whichever phone has your sim card in it. If you have an older AT&T phone which is functional and takes the same size SIM card, just move the SIM card to the old phone long enough to get your text

FYI, you don't need to activate a phone, just need to put a Sim card in it.

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question