Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
computerqueen's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Jan 26, 2015 3:22 AM

Passing along my iphone 5 - can I?

I upgraded to a 5s and want to give my spouse my iphone 5.  He currently has an iphone 4.  What is the process to do that?  Is it as simple as settng it up with his info?  Is there a charge to make the change?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

You might also read this Apple article...

Learn what to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.5K Messages

6 y ago

Since you own the phone, no charge.
You may be able to move the SIM card over, then she can activate with her Apple ID.

If not you can get help at an AT&T store.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 y ago

@computerqueen wrote:

I upgraded to a 5s and want to give my spouse my iphone 5.  He currently has an iphone 4.  What is the process to do that?  Is it as simple as settng it up with his info?  Is there a charge to make the change?

Your spouse will need a new NANO SIM Card for iPhone 5, unlike his old iPhone 4 had micro SIM. He can get NANO SIM card free from AT&T Corperate Store, the reps in the store can activate it, and update his AT&T account.Smiley Wink

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

Thanks. I was aware we would need a new SIM card. Thanks for confirming.

Sent from my iPhone

Get started...

Ask a new question