For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Bubblinwaters's profile

2 Messages

Friday, February 23rd, 2024 3:46 PM

Outage the other day affected one phone but not the other

I was visiting with my father the other day during the massive outage. We are both on AT&T wireless. He has an iPhone 12 and I, a 15 pro max. He lost service but I didn’t. We both turned off WiFi connections to make sure we were cellular only. Again, I had a steady 5 bars of 5g while he was in “sos mode” for the duration. No changes after hard resets, etc. So why was his phone knocked out when mine was fine? I thought it was a network outage?! 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I am on day 2 of outage. Even though they state everything has been resolved.

2 Messages

2 months ago

Chikita87, what type of phone do you have? I noticed that when you sign into the AT&T site, there are options like (and this is not verbatim) “refresh cellular connection” etc. 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I tried it all. I have an iPhone 14 pro... got a hold of customer service and they said there is an outage.

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 months ago

@Bubblinwaters 

Are you on FirstNet? Instead of regular service... if yes, my limited understanding this is equal to SOS mode ... in other words FirstNet is not using commercial traffic network but a separate network for first responders and extended public safety community. 

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 months ago

Rumors still flying about.  Coincidental solar flares, or a network improvement, which accidentally bumped some phones off of the network. While some have been restored, others have not.

I've been suggesting people contact AT&T or go to a store to get a replacement SIM card. Have no idea if that is going to fix the problem. Hoping to hear back from people today whether or not it did

🤔😕

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.