AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
KLMoore336

Scholar

• 

64 Messages

Thu, Sep 13, 2018 5:37 PM

Closed

Official iPhone XS & XS Max Tracking Thread!

Hey Everyone!!

Another exciting year for us to get our hands on the all new iPhone XS/XS Max.  I can't waitttttttttttt to get my hands on the new 512GB Gold iPhone XS Max!!

So let's do the same thing we did last year. Answer the following: Which iPhone did you purchase (size & color), order date, what’s your current status, and what’s your estimated ship date??

Also, I will be keeping my eye on the actual Apple Store like last year.  I cancelled my pre-order and ended up getting my phone at Apple Store.  So ALWAYS keep checking their inventory!!

Let the games begin!!

Responses

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same concern. If anyone who has preordered in the past can provide us with the answer as to whether or not AT&T requires a signature or not, that would be extremely helpful. 

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

According to most previous replies the phones ship without Signature confirmation, so if it is being delivered to your house, it may help to have FedEx or UPS home that way you can change delivery to be left at Stores instead of your porch if you won’t be home Friday...

iPhoneOwner

Scholar

• 

96 Messages

2 years ago

It does require signature, veteran here

dwill05

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

2 years ago

Whether a signature is required has varied in the past.  My experience is that the ones shipped from Apple via FedEx require a signature.  Ones I’ve gotten from AT&T via UPS don’t.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Placed my order at 8:30 am est, 2 xs max and I am changed to preparing to ship. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Placed my order at 3:04am EST but there was a problem with the att website and my order couldn’t be processed and I was told to call att.

they said I had to cancel and place another order because the system messed up...smh.

Well as of today:

Order date: 09/14/2018 at 12:42:43 p.m. ET

Order status: 
Preparing to ship

We're working on your order, and we'll let you know once it's ready.

Delivery by date: 
September 21, 2018
Apple iPhone XS Max

Apple iPhone XS Max

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Wow thanks all for the replies.

KLMoore365 thanks for the welcome!!  I decided last year when I switched phones that I’d switch networks too.  It came down to Verizon vs AT&T, but I ended up with AT&T for several reasons (no video throttling, slightly cheaper plan, ability to auto pay with a credit card and collect points, ability to upgrade after a year). I know the trade off is not quite as much network coverage as Verizon, but the differences seem to be mainly in areas that don’t matter to me and I’m sure it will be significantly better than what I’ve had with Sprint anyways.  I’m looking forward to it and hopefully made the right choice!

Regarding signatures, I guess I should wait at home on Friday until it arrives.  I don’t mind if they leave it at the front door, but I’d hate to miss out on having it delivered because they require a signature and I have to chase them down later.  I WANT MY PHONE NOW!!!!!

Also, I checked my status this morning and it is now preparing to ship so I feel better!  Is it Friday yet? 🙂

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I got an email saying that they needed correct password to port over my number so I gave them the correct password and now my order says in progess and still has estimated shipping dates 9/21 - 9/28.

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

Ordered my XS MAX 64GB Gold On Saturday 9/15 4PM ET and we are Preparing to ship as of this Morning. Looks like most that placed from  AT&T are getting updates pretty smoothly.

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

@DC1979  Last year when the IPhones were being delivered, read here where quite a few were being reported as being missing after Fedex and or UPS delivered, porch pirates were busy.  Going to Apple store nearby to pickup phone with case and screen protector. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Apple iPhone XS Max

Device: iPhone XS Max 

Size: 256GB

Color: Space Gray

Order Time: 09/14/2018 at 9:39:45 a.m. ET

Order Status: Preparing to ship

Delivery by date: 
September 21, 2018

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I believe you can print out a form from the shipping carrier to provide a signature to leave at door, office, mailbox, etc. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I ordered one 64gb Xs max silver 9/14 at about 5:40 in the evening at the att store with a delivery date of 9/21. I ordered a second one but gold with a delivery date of 9/21 still.  This morning at 4am my gold one updated to preparing to ship and at 7:30 am my silver one updated to preparing to ship. I was told by an ATT Rep that statuses would not change to shipped until Wednesday/Thursday . So that everyone who pre ordered in time would have them in hand on launch day.

ctheus89

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

2 years ago

Mine says preparing to ship as of 12:39PM Phone ordered on 9/14 around 3AM

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I ordered a Xs max in space gray 512gb and it has changed to preparing to ship. 

The gold one i actually ordered first still says processing. 

That said, I also got the order confirmation a little later for that one even though it was ordered first. I’m guessing there were a lot of golds ordered vs their supply.  

Additionally, I never was told anything about tax, just got an email saying I owed it and then was charged to my normal card I pay my bill with. Really strange. 

Get started...

Ask a new question