Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
KLMoore336

Scholar

• 

64 Messages

Thu, Sep 13, 2018 5:37 PM

Closed

Official iPhone XS & XS Max Tracking Thread!

Hey Everyone!!

Another exciting year for us to get our hands on the all new iPhone XS/XS Max.  I can't waitttttttttttt to get my hands on the new 512GB Gold iPhone XS Max!!

So let's do the same thing we did last year. Answer the following: Which iPhone did you purchase (size & color), order date, what’s your current status, and what’s your estimated ship date??

Also, I will be keeping my eye on the actual Apple Store like last year.  I cancelled my pre-order and ended up getting my phone at Apple Store.  So ALWAYS keep checking their inventory!!

Let the games begin!!

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Just wondering . .  . did your tax payment clear?  For example:  When I ordered my XS Max 256 Gold, I had to pay $100 tax.  And they held it on my credit card, but then the hold went away.  Then, yesterday . . . they charged it to my card, AFTER it shipped.   And I was wondering . what would happen if they shipped it and the $100 payment failed?  Just a thought.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for this info jal198820007!!

How stupid can I be. . .totally did not read the notice that came in the shipping box, that I had to activate.  I have been using iPhone since day one, but this was the first time I pre-ordered.  I usually stand in line at the store lol.  And they activate it there.  Duh !!  Everything is working great now.  Thank you.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I ordered my Gold 512gb iphone xs max on the 19th and ported my number over also. I handled the porting approval with att and my old carrier yesterday morning. My status has just updated to preparing to ship early this morning. This is my first preorder through att and I'm not sure what this means if it's good or bad. They did charge my card yesterday morning right after I hung the phone up with the att rep. Su I couldnt get it in time for launch day, but I'm ok with it as long as it's not 3 weeks out. Anyone else on preparing to ship?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Screenshot_20180922-123744_Chrome.jpgHere's what my order status looks like.

shark101au

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

All my local ATT stores have the iPhones in stock.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I had this same issue. I was told by several AT&T reps that they have had this issue happen with several orders and it is a issue with their system. I have spent almost 6 hours on the phone with AT&T because I kept getting transferred or disconnected.  One rep told me they could contact FED EX and have the phones routed back to me.  I then got disconnected and another rep told me that was not possible.  In the end they told me to go to a store and they could process the upgrade.  I went to a store and they told me they couldn't until corporate did an upgrade reversal.  Corporate then informed me that they can't do a reversal until they receive the devices back to make sure they are in the original condition they were shipped in.  I never received the devices, have wasted hours attempting to fix the mistake AT&T made just so I could go get a phone to replace my old one, and am being offered no solution other than to wait approximately a week for them to fix my lines upgrade status.  I have been told several times their hands are tied.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Anyone else order on the 19th and they're sitting on preparing to ship? My delivery dates are September 27 - October 4th. Trying to see if anyone else is waiting with me or if they had their order ship yet. Does anyone know if they ship on weekends also? I wasnt sure if they only marked phones as shipped during the weekdays. 

shark101au

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

On another note, picked up a Apple Watch series 4 today. What an upgrade.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I received my Space Gray XS Max 256 on Friday and I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was not charged sales tax and that on my order confirmation my estimated sales tax was $0.  Same thing on the packing slip that came in the box with the phone.  I just received this email from AT&T so it looks like there was some sort of glitch that caused some of us not get get charged sales tax and that it's going to show up in our bills.

-------------

Thank you for your recent order ##-#############. Your initial order confirmation showed $0.00 sales taxes due, but sales taxes do apply. You'll see the sales tax added to your AT&T wireless bill in the "Service activity" section under "Account charges". It could take one to two billing cycles for these charges to appear. 

No action is required on your part. Your device will ship and arrive as previously communicated. 

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks for choosing us,
AT&T

shark101au

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

Of course ATTs internal audits would have caught it.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I got my Xs Max, gold on Friday and am thrilled with it! I went from the 8 Plus so this is my first experience with Face ID and it's fabulous!

I have a question.... a friend also got her Xs Max gold on Friday but the return label for her trade in wasn't in the box, neither was the form to sign and return. She's been on the phone since then talking to many different people at AT&T, trying to get those things. Finally just this morning she was able to have someone email her the return form. But they wouldn't send her the paper to sign. How will my friend be able to get the form to sign? I would have scanned mine and emailed to her but I already sent my phone back on Saturday. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Pat

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

They can catch that in their internal audits but they can’t fix the system after it stopped a bunch of phones in transit and had them sent back. According to customer service reps it’s a system error that they can’t explain or fix. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

20180923_162743.jpg

I got charged sales tax on my phone right away. That's weird that some people didnt have to pay it. Att will definitely catch on fast, I would check my bill cause that's more than likely where it has ended up. Wouldve been nice if I got to pay mine later but it's probably better to pay it up front. I ordered mine late at night right before 12am on the 19th and just got the shipping notification about an hour or 2 ago. I will have my phone on Tuesday before 430. Fedex normally comes around 10:30 - 11am here. Wish I wouldve had it own launch day but I guess as long as i get it that's all that matters right? Lol 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

So for those of us who got out phones sent back to att for no reason, when will we get our phones really? I dont like how at&t is providing us no info at all about their fault. They should at least let us know when will we really get our phone

KLMoore336

Scholar

• 

64 Messages

2 years ago

Finally back home using my new baby!!!92107E14-7356-4AB2-B5CF-AEBC253E5190.jpeg

Get started...

Ask a new question