Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
KLMoore336

Scholar

• 

64 Messages

Thu, Sep 13, 2018 5:37 PM

Closed

Official iPhone XS & XS Max Tracking Thread!

Hey Everyone!!

Another exciting year for us to get our hands on the all new iPhone XS/XS Max.  I can't waitttttttttttt to get my hands on the new 512GB Gold iPhone XS Max!!

So let's do the same thing we did last year. Answer the following: Which iPhone did you purchase (size & color), order date, what’s your current status, and what’s your estimated ship date??

Also, I will be keeping my eye on the actual Apple Store like last year.  I cancelled my pre-order and ended up getting my phone at Apple Store.  So ALWAYS keep checking their inventory!!

Let the games begin!!

Responses

shark101au

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

Ordered mine 3 days ago, got it a few hours ago 😄

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I waited til 1am mountain time to preorder the iPhone XS Max. I get only one email notification saying congratulations you have ordered one iPhone XS max 256gb in gold. The next day I get a confirmation that my Order is being processed. During that day I get a notification saying I had ordered 2 iPhones and that my order was being put on hold because there are two orders. I called and the lady I spoke with said she had cancelled one and wanted to verify my current order. I verify everything and was on the phone for an hour. I think everything is fine. I get another email notification saying I got an iPhone XS Max 256gb in space grey!! I am furious! I call customer service again and I said my order is wrong! How is it wrong?! She tells me I had put in another order for it. I said No! I didn’t! I was verifying what I ordered at 1 in the morning. The representative tells me that she has canceled everything and my account should be good to go on ordering the correct order. Now that will be 3 orders made in 2 days. I make the correct order and I get the confirmation and I get the FedEx tracking. I’m thinking everything is fine and dandy. I check my FedEx tracking and it says it’s here in Denver! I wait til 10am to re-check on the status because I’m so excited and don’t want to miss the FedEx person. I look at the status and it says package is being sent back because of sender. I call again to customer service explain the problem and the guy can’t help me so he transferred me to another department then I get put on hold for 30 mins. I get another representative and she says she can’t help me either and transfers me to another department. I talk to the correct representative and he assured me he can help me. He puts me on hold for another 30 minutes. He confirms with me that he is talking to a FedEx representative to have my order be shipped to me. He tells me that two iPhones were sent to me. The reason I’m seeing the fedex tracking status to be sent back is because one iPhone is being sent back and that I will be getting my new iPhone today. I asked for a tracking confirmation and he says he can’t provide me one because the one he has is the one I was given. I thank him and patiently wait. I’m anxiously waiting at home and 2pm rolls by, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm rolls by and nothing!! I’m livid!!! I calll fedex customer service and they said there is no other package being sent to me. The fedex tracking I gave to him says that the status of my package is to be sent back because the sender is requesting it back. No reason why! I ask is there another tracking number or package being sent to me any time soon. He says No! There’s no notes other than this package be sent back. I am so furious right now. I call AT&T customer service again and I’m just not happy. She explains to me that there is no other order coming to me and that there’s nothing she can do. She says I have to wait til 8am to call this other department to have the iPhone be shipped back. They are closed for the day and there’s nothing she can do but offer to do another new order. I’m really angry how I’m being transferred around and no one knows anything. I missed a friends wedding because of this! I’m so furious and angry. All I want is my new iPhone I preordered last Friday at 1am in the morning when I had to work at 5am in the morning. This is seriously ridiculous! I have never ordered from AT&T before and I won’t next time. 

shark101au

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

2 years ago

^^^^ If you missed your friends wedding because of an iPhone, you really have to take a break and reevaluate your priorities........

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Just curious if anyone else had this issue:

My iPhone XS Max 256 arrived today at 4pm.   Very excitedly . . I opened it and turned it on.  Brought my old iPhone 6S Plus next to it (as it instructed).  Followed all the instructions. 

But my iPhone SX Max won't make phone calls.  The text messages are still going to my old phone   I have rebooted both phones several times, and nothing.  My SX Max won't make any calls.   I am resetting to factory now .  and going to do a manual instead of backup restore.  Maybe .  . . 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Have you tired to make sure that the sims card and IMEI was correct, and did you go to your account to activate your device with the new sim that came with the phone. And then when you make sure everything is correct, and activated your new iPhone online on your At&T account then you turn your phone off and then turn it back on, it should work then. That’s what I did, I didn’t have any problems with it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

My order did not arrive for some mysterious reason. It says on the fed ex tracking that it is being returned to the shipper per shipper's instructions. I called at&t to find out why and they are no help AT ALL!. They said the problem is not on their end. However, i called fed ex too and told me the "shipper" which is at&t instructed to return the phone to them. And they are just going back and forth with this. REALLY DISAPPOINTED

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Received my XS Max 512 Space Grey today. Very satisfied. I have a question off topic though, I just made another order for a XS Max for my wife. The order status says in progress but there isn’t a new phone number listed in the order details? She wants a new number. But why isn’t a new number showing? When I ordered my max there was a number listed as soon as order was placed? Thanks in advance for any feedback.  See in pictures below number is listed below phone description:

7812AAE8-F321-43BC-975F-D935054511B6.jpegFirst order w/phone number

C0BDCEFC-4EEB-440F-8E16-B58B783A4827.jpeg2nd order without number?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

This is exactly what happened to me!!!! Don’t know whats gonna happen to my phone now

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Finally got tracking information. Scheduled delivery is Monday. I’m quite angry that I’m not getting my phone this weekend. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Yup, same thing here, and i ordered on the 15th around noon and i’ve saw people put on here that they ordered late into the day on the 17th and had their phone. I’m extremely unsatisfied with this whole process with AT&T

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

@Vrooman96 I ordered on the 14th. Someone posted on here that they ordered 3 days ago and go their phone yesterday. I agree, AT&T needs to work on their shipping. We should of been some of the first delivery dates

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Yeah @Jdamskov1 bogus if you ask me, first time i’ve ever pre-ordered and i don’t think i’ll ever do it again at least not through AT&T, it’ll be a while until i upgrade again anyways. I’m still using a 6s plus from when it was released so i’ll be good on a new phone for a couple years again whenever i get this one in the mail. 

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

Read this article on why some orders are being delayed due to Apple exceeding the number of items contracted to ship.  

https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/20/iphone-xs-max-shipping-delay-ups/

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

I completely understand if Apple exceeds their shipment amount, but what I don’t understand is why that effects me. I ordered on opening preorder day, the 14th and did receive my phone. Apparently if you order later, 16th or 17th you would receive your phone on the 21th. Now people are waiting until Monday. As of right now...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hey everyone! I had a ton of issues with pre-ordering online like a ton! I had 3 orders cancelled and just gave up went to a store and they set up the order for me. Yesterday, my order was out for delivery but some how it was cancelled!! Angry and annoyed I went back to the store and they said the disconnect between stores and online orders is huge, and to try to make orders in the store. I told them I did and it was still cancelled they were so nice in helping me, they had 5 phones left in the store and I got one from them, they even gave me a case. Longish story short, if you don't want a headache just do everything in your local store! I love my new phone and it really stinks that online orders are so out of whack. I hope everyone gets the phone they want, like i did!!

Get started...

Ask a new question