Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 10:00 PM

Number

Someone called me from the USA 

He stole me money 

i did research 

its was AT and T wireless 

i don't what can I do

im afraid who the police comes to France to arrest me 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

3 months ago

I think what the OP is trying to say is that he or she is in France and someone on WhatsApp pretended to be a famous actor who scammed them out of money. The scammer then threatened to call the police to keep OP quiet. The only possible connection I can see with AT&T is that the scammer may be using an AT&T phone or claims to be an AT&T employee.

Either way, no one is coming to arrest you. There are laws of extradition that the US government would have to go through to get police in France to arrest you and I doubt you've committed any real crime, let alone one worth extradition. It's just empty threats.

On the other hand, I'd suggest you report the hacker to the police. If not, block the hacker and move on, a little poorer and wiser.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

It was on WhatsApp 

dwill05

Master

• 

3.7K Messages

3 months ago

Not sure what you are asking or expect AT&T to do.  AT&T Wireless isn’t threatening you, if that’s what’s happening.  If someone called you and the number that showed up was a phone number that was an AT&T phone number, then you need to deal with that person.  Likely the phone number was spoofed anyway.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

It will be not a famous person right

It's someone who wanted to pass but for celebrity but who is not

I can be quiet, American police will not come to arrest me in France
I can be take
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

3 months ago

Whoever called you is trying to scam you. No, the American police are not coming to arrest you.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

It was not a celebrity it was a scammer who takes a celebrity's identity
right

It was someone who wants more money

It's awful

He deserves to go to jail

He said to me me, I deserve to go to jail

Tutor

•