Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 7:16 PM

Not really device question...

...More like a network question. We have had the same cell numbers for over 23 years. What is happening now is a real problem. Local landline callers who are not set up with a long distance calling plan cannot call our cell numbers. They reach a recording from their landline phone company that call cannot be completed. We have always lived in this same local calling area. How can we correct this? i have spent long periods of time on line with AT&T Wireless. They assure me that this should not be happening.

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

a month ago

Its on the other persons landline company. They have a exchange problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

well, no. these are landline accounts that have no long distance plan. long distance is blocked on the landline end. but that should not prevent a call to be made to a local cell phone. it does, because they cannot call our cell numbers, which are local.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.7K Messages

You are apparently not understanding the answer. It is irrelevant whether they have a long distance plan or not, their inability to call is their landline provider’s problem to fix, not ATT wireless.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…