Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 1:11 PM

No Service signal in Europe with ATT&T prepaid card, how to unlock it?

Hello, 

I have a german I phone 6s and a US prepaid card, and the phone cannot connect to any service. Do I have to unlock my phone number or anything? Or is there another option on how to get service in Germany with an US prepaid card? 

I need my phone for work, and I will stay 4 weeks, which means that it is really important for me to have a phone with service signal. 

Thank you in advance. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

38K Messages

a year ago

Sorry, prepaid does not roam internationally except Canada and Mexico. Prepaid service won’t work in Germany, there are no work arounds. Your only option for service is a local SIM card provided the phone is unlocked.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Thank you for the fast answer!

There is no option in unlocking the phone number? I have heard that this should enable to get service or is this only an option for contract phone numbers?

Yes my phone is unlocked, but apparently I need my american phone number for working stuff.