What is happening with 3G?
A

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 4:28 PM

No Service off and on for 5 months

I got a new phone in August 2020 and since i’ve had it i’ve had trouble off and on with my phone completely losing service. I will lose service in my own home where the rest of my familt still have 4 bars of 5G. I reset the network settings, do a hard reset on the phone, turn the cellular off and on but nothing seems to fix the problem. It usually eventually comes back on its own, but is unreliable and I can count on it losing service again. What should I do and where can I get help?

ACE - Sage

• 

90.3K Messages

1 y ago

Please do not respond to the post claiming to be ATT support 112 this is a phishing attempt

ACE - Sage

• 

90.3K Messages

1 y ago

There are two possibilities, since everyone else has service just fine, it's either your phone, or your sim card.  

Replacing the SIM card is very easy, go to an AT&T store explain the problem, include the information that you have included here. They should replace your sim card for free.

If the problem continues to happen then it has to be a problem with the phone itself, which means a warranty replacement is required.

AT&T cannot do a warranty replacement on an iPhone. Apple requires all warranty Replacements go directly through them, so you will have to contact Apple and let them know you have otherwise trouble shot the device with AT&T and the device is faulty.

I will be right back with the link to the troubleshoot and resolve tool, it would not surprise me if you have already gone through all of the steps.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.3K Messages

1 y ago

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.