Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, May 28, 2019 6:14 PM

No Service for 3+ months

I have been without service for more than 3 months in a very suburban area, which I used to always have service in. This is effecting every one on my plan. I've called in over 10 times in regards to this matter and keep getting generic responses such as restart your phone. One person even told me to utilize my phone while driving and turn off and on airplane mode (this is dangerous but I tried it and it did nothing to resolve the problem). The people who do sound intelligent and don't give me generic responses, make promises that the issue will be resolved. But then they never follow up the check and see if its been resolved. I have 0 data connectivity or service for miles. I have no idea what to do at this point and dont want to keep dedicating hours of my life trying to get this resolved. I've threatened several times that I am going to switch providers if this continues but it has fallen on deaf ears, as the problem still exists. Yes, I've used "mark the spot" app numerous times (nearly every day), nothing ever gets done. Please tell me what I can do at this point.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

2 years ago

Since you didn’t post anything like ‘there is a tower down, we’re working on it’ its Time to cut bait and run.  Before you do, get At&t nailed down on one question: “Have you (At&t) cut service in my area”.  Assuming the answer is “yes” you can try to get them to waive any remaining installments. They probably won’t unlock the phones for use.  Section 1.3 address material changes in service, which can include reducing your service area.  

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#whatHappensIfMyServIsCancelled

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question