Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
aprilfstr's profile

4 Messages

Friday, August 11th, 2023 8:03 PM

Closed

No email to unlock old iPhone

Have tried 3 days in a row to get an email to confirm that I want to unlock my old iPhone. It’s old, paid for, and unused. Submitted a request through the correct link and page.

Checked all folders for email, even cleared them to find a new email easier.   Have the imei, request#, but hit 24 hours and I have to resubmit the request because I didn’t confirm it in the email I NEVER RECEIVED. Beyond frustrated. 

Accepted Solution

4 Messages

10 months ago

Success. Finally received the email (to confirm request to unlock iPhone) through my @AOL. Hit the link to confirm and got an approval/unlock confirmation within the hour. 

thanks. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 months ago

What model iPhone? 

4 Messages

10 months ago

It’s an XS Max

ACE - Master

• 

10.9K Messages

10 months ago

What email domain are you using?  I think for gmail, (or maybe yahoo mail, I forget which), the email from AT&T is blocked by their filters because they tag it as spam.

4 Messages

10 months ago

I used my gmail and then aol email accounts. Finally got an ATT email response through aol that I had missed the 24 hour window to confirm unlock request.  That’s a step further than before. I submitted another unlock request. Will see what happens. 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

10 months ago

Gmail diligently blocks what it considers to be spam from a computer which is exactly what AT&T triggers.

Use a Yahoo email. Yahoo works fine

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

Gmail effectively prevents content it deems as spam, including what AT&T often triggers.

Consider using a Yahoo email; Yahoo functions smoothly in this regard.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

10 months ago

We have an echo 🙄

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.