The new iPhone 15
ramfan44's profile

1 Message

Saturday, September 30th, 2023 3:36 AM

NextUp Upgrade is Useless

I bought the 13 pro max with the $5 (now $6) next-up upgrade to upgrade earlier. When I went to upgrade, it showed I had to pay off my phone to upgrade, even after selecting trade-in???? Mind you I already paid more than half my phone, and I'm past the halfway mark of 36 months. After bringing it up to an agent, they investigated and said that it was simply a technical error but didn't explain how she was gonna fix it, simply that the error shouldn't happen. Then I got moved to two different agents who didn't solve anything, and then a manager who said what the first person said was incorrect.  I even saved the transcript due to how disgusting and tbh scammy this company is. The NextUp Upgrade is (Edited per community guidelines). I wish I would have known that ahead of time, wouldn't be spending $5 (now $6) a month for garbage. 

• 

141 Messages

5 months ago

Trade in isn't next up. That's why it wanted you to pay the rest

ACE - Master

• 

10K Messages

5 months ago

You can’t double dip.  You're getting the remaining payments waived on your 13 Pro Max to be able to buy a new phone.  You can’t also get an inflated trade in value for the same phone in the trade in promotion.  Thats two separate benefits for one phone.  Your trade in needs to be fully paid for.  Trading it in under Next Up doesn’t means that that paid for.  It just means the remaining balance of waived, which isn’t the same thing as being paid for.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.