Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Jgarnas's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jan 22, 2015 3:24 AM

Next plan with a two year contract?

So I just got a new iPhone 6 and absolutely hate it. I want to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on the Next plan. My iPhone has a contract on it and I want to give my phone to another person who has a contract on their phone. We have one upgrade for the Next plan but what I was wondering is if information possible for me to transfer my phone to the other person and for me to get my new phone. With out neither of us to pay a termination fee.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.6K Messages

6 y ago

If you have a family or mobile share plan and a line with an available upgrade, yes.
If all lines are under contract, then no.

I'm with you on the Note! When I signed up I got an iPhone 5s. The only thing I liked was the size. Passed it on to my son and bought the note 3 No regrets.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 y ago

Hey @Jgarnas

I’d be happy to help with your device! As lizdance40 has correctly stated, if you have an available upgrade on another line on your account, you can certainly use it to purchase the Note 4. Alternatively, if it has been less than 14 days since the iPhone 6 was purchased, it can be returned at any AT&T store and you can then pick up the Note 4 instead.

If this helps, please mark this answer as an accepted solution!

Thanks,

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Get started...

Ask a new question