Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Sep 23, 2016 9:36 PM

My refurbished I received has BAD Battery!!

I was receiving a new phone due to my iPhone 6 Plus having water damage so I used my insurance to send a new one. Yes I know this is a refurbished phone but the battery life doesn't even get me through 2-3 hrs of continuous use. I don't believe that is the correct life of it maybe a phone you've had for a year and used constantly but not a new fixed one.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.1K Messages

4 years ago

Contact Asurion and let them know the replacement is bad. They should send a different one as the replacements have a 90 day warranty.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

They told me we Gabe a 12 month warranty but the phone shows it’s around 10 months. Weird. They lie about everything. The question is who at ascurion do we contact as they are ignoring me and they gave me horrible service when I filed the claim for the replacement phone. 

• 

10 Messages

a month ago

I have an iPhone 10 which was 18 months and it was fine as I was using it and then I stopped using it and when I returned shortly, the screen was black. I spent 11.5 hours talking to 11 people, 9 of which were from ATT Ascurion. Most horrible service ever!!! They hung up on me/lost connection. They lied and gave bad info. They avoided answering questions. It exhausted me and upset me. The fed ex guy showed me they lied about shipping it priority as agreed. Now I see the BATTERY does not work upon delivery. I also see the WARRANTY is not 12 months as they promised. They also lied about the number of days to return the phone. I have sent them two messages to regarding my BATTERY AND WARRANTY ISSUE and they’re ignoring me! Not too surprised. I called them now. I sure wasn’t to eager to spend hours talking to them again but I need this resolved. Well their phone message is contradictory. Says agents are busy and please hold and them says they are closed and it hangs up on me. I can’t leave a message. So I need someone to tell me who to contact who will actually help me and not frustrate me. Since 6/22/20 I have spoken with way too many people and spent way too much time regarding my phone. I don’t have another phone.  I need this resolved ASAP. I insist on great customer service. I believe I should receive a new phone. Oh and I had to go to the att store to get this activated since I can’t open the SIM card door myself and they hadn’t put the card in there. That employee said the prior customer had the same issue (screen just went black and they couldn’t even diagnose it, but they will refurbish my old phone and send it to someone else) I think this will be a problem like the bad battery issue of a few years ago and apple should take care of us. An expensive apple 10 should last more than 18 months. Insurance should not send us a replacement phone that has other problems right off the bat. Like MrsKelly, my battery is dying within 2 hours! My original phone dud not do that! It’s dying even if I’m not using it.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.1K Messages

Asurion is NOT at&t.   They are a separate business that provides insurance coverage for mobile devices through every US carrier, plus electronica purchases through somebody like Amazon.    
if you have received a defective device you have 30 days to contact Asurion and get a replacement.  
After 30 days At&t warrantees the phone for a limited time.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

Thank you for clarifying, I do pay att for insurance, they billed att for the $149 and the ascurion website has att in it. I talked to someone that said he is not technically an att employee but he is an att contractor. Anyway, my point was I need help getting this resolved. I need to know what website and phone number to get the best result. I called the number provided with the phone and the website (att.com...) didn’t help. When I chatted on 6/22 they said I had to call, but calling was not successful. It leads to conflicting answers and hang ups. I can deal with this today as I’m off. I have spent 2 hours already. But when they’re open, I’m at Work or tired afterwards and not up to being on the phone with them until bedtime. (Att phone and tv would not care if it was midnight my time and I had to work the next day. ) ty 

• 

10 Messages

You said att warranties the phone after 30 days. Why does my phone say I have 10 months of warranty now? They told me I would have 12 months upon receipt. Nothing is adding up. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.1K Messages

When did you get the replacement?   If it was two months ago you only have 10 months left on the 12 month warranty.

when you contact AT&T you have to let them know that you have received a insurance replacement phone that is defective. And tell them you are no longer able to return it to Asurion, because you’re past the 30 day return period.   

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

10 Messages

I received the replacement on 6/23/20 and I noticed right away that the battery was not performing well. As I was checking the battery performance, I found the warranty info on the phone and saw it said 10 months versus 12 months when it was only a few days old. I sent them messages right away. I replied to their surveys. I sent to their website. (When I tried to chat with them on 6/22, the guy said you have to call the center so I don’t know what use they are. ) This means you can’t get any written confirmation of what they say.  However I spoke with 9 people and they confirmed it and I insisted they put it in the notes. One gal read the notes and there wasn’t much there. She said she updated the notes. The last guy said everything I wanted in the notes was there but he didn’t read me the notes. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.1K Messages

Sent WHO a message?

you were supposed to contact Asurion and let them know they sent you a defective phone so they will replace it.  

• 

10 Messages

That is who I have sent messages to and they aren’t answering. My question is what department or what person do I need to ask for to get the best service bc when I called them to file the claim on 6/22/20 I receive horrific service and ended up talking to 9 people!!! Then I couldn’t reach anyone the next day when the replacement was late. Then I had to talk to someone for 1.5 hours at ascurion before he agreed I needed to go to the att store. I have spent a couple hours today trying to reach them and send better messages but can’t find an email account. 

• 

10 Messages

If you read my reply from 7 hours ago, you see I said that I called ascurion on 6/22/20 and talked to 9 people ... I’m the same person you’ve been talking to. 

Get started...

Ask a new question