Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Swal94's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 9:14 PM

My IPhone broke and I don't have an upgrade until June - what is my best option?

I completely shattered my iPhone and the screen is unresponsive as well. I'm apart of a family plan and none of the lines are eligble for an upgrade until June. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to phones and am wondering what my next option should be. Can I purchase an iPhone off Ebay and bring it to the store, and will I be able to use it on my family plan? Should it be locked or unlocked? Thanks for any help!

Responses

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

For one who admits to being "pretty clueless" when it comes to phones, I would advise not to get involved with purchasing a used iPhone off eBay.  So many things could go wrong.  I'd suggest you bite the bullet and buy a new phone at the AT&T store.  

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.5K Messages

6 y ago

I partly agree with the previous advice.

I have purchased a used, like new iPhone from Amazon with not problem at all.
It must, must must be an AT&T phone. Not a GSM phone (most are international )
You might consider buying a used phone from AT&T if you are really unsure about making a purchase elsewhere.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 y ago

@Swal94 wrote:
I completely shattered my iPhone and the screen is unresponsive as well. I'm apart of a family plan and none of the lines are eligble for an upgrade until June. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to phones and am wondering what my next option should be. Can I purchase an iPhone off Ebay and bring it to the store, and will I be able to use it on my family plan? Should it be locked or unlocked? Thanks for any help!

Do you have insurance on your phone? Assurion? If not find out if can do Next program.Smiley Surprised

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question