Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Feb 13, 2016 2:58 AM

My iPhone 5s was stolen , what are my options?

My IPhone 5s was stolen and I have a warranty on it. From my understanding I will get a new one sent to me, but can I get and upgraded phone such as the iPhone 6 sent to me instead of the 5s and if so will it cost extra money?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.7K Messages

5 years ago

I hope you mean insurance.  Warranty covers manufacturer defects, not damage, or loss.

If you have insurance, it will replace you phone with the same model only.  The deductable is as much as $199 for a 5S

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

5 years ago

To add...

Report the theft to the local police...

Report the theft to AT&T so they can blacklist the phone...

...and see this from Apple...

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201472

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Its a blackberry not a iphone
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

4 years ago

@tommie92 wrote:
Its a blackberry not a iphone

Right and your posting to the Apple iPhone forum...

Post to the Blackberry forum and/or see this link from Blackberry for possible help...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I lost my *** Your office said they will contact me but they have not. My email is ***. What should I do? I have insurence.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

It is a Samsung 6

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Replace my phone with the same type and color from before. SAMSUNG 6 Silver

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

My acc# is ***

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My iPhone 5s was stolen and I need a replacement phone, I don't mind it being another 5s but will it cost me money?
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.7K Messages

4 years ago

@SamanthaNewman

Yes.  If insured you can file a claim.  Without insurance you either are upgrade eligible and can do so with Next, or not and you have to pay full price.

They are selling the 5s for $250

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

my phone is lost i need replacement phone

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

my was lost i need replacement

Contributor

•