For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
AnakinSkywalker93's profile

1 Message

Thursday, December 21st, 2023 2:08 AM

My grandmother was sent the wrong phone - She ordered an iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB and we received a iPhone 15 128GB instead

My grandmother ordered a phone for me for Christmas (it was a surprise, but she had me open it today) and it turns out that y'all sent her the wrong one. She is 74 years old, and isn't good with computers or technology, so she placed the order over the phone, and did not ask for my assistance because she wanted to surprise me with it. She thought, and according to her, the woman on the phone confirmed this, that she order the iPhone Pro Max 256GB. She placed the order on the 17th, and I received it today. When I opened the package, the phone inside was an iPhone 15 128GB instead of the iPhone Pro Max 256GB. When I informed her, she was upset and said that the woman she spoke to verified with her multiple times that the order was correct. The receipt in the box also lists the wrong phone, and my grandmother did not check her email for the order confirmation til today because of the fact that she doesn't do well with technology and she trusted the rep that she spoke to. What are our options? I did not and will not be opening the phone for any reason, and we have no intention of keeping it.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

4 months ago

You have 14 days to return the phone.  There should have been a shipping label in the box for you to return the phone.  If it wasn’t opened, there should be no restocking fee.  If you do send it back, make sure you get a receipt from the post office showing that you turned it in.  Keep that, as well as record the tracking number for reference in case there is any issue with the phone getting “lost” on the way back.

A better option would be to see if you can return it at an AT&T corporate store.  Again, make sure you get a receipt that shows you gave it to them. However, some stores, especially “authorized retailers”, may refuse to take back an online or phone order and may tell you you have to send it back yourself.

Again, I can’t stress this enough, make sure you get a receipt showing you turned or mailed it in, and if you mailed it, also keep a record (or take a picture) of the tracking number on the shipping.

As for getting the correct phone, unless you are fortunate enough to find the phone you want in an AT&T store and they are willing to do an exchange, your grandmother will probably just have to reorder the correct phone.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.