Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
The new iPhone 14
sterlingtrombone's profile

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 25th, 2022 4:37 AM

More than a month to send a phone?

I am in need of assistance with receiving my new phone from att. It has been over a month and now I am worried I just will not receive it. Would you have any idea about how to get att to start the shipping process? I have already spoken to a rep and they explained that they would ship it two days ago. It has now been two days.

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

3 months ago

Doesn't surprise me.  

You ordered a pro or pro max?  Larger storage? 

Yeah. 

Every year People Order brand new phones as soon as they come out, and every year people wait for the largest storage on the most expensive iPhones until Christmas or New Year's.

Apple doesn't stock enough. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

3 months ago

WHY THE iPHONE 14 PRO-MAX DELIVERY IS DELAYED

To understand why the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max supply is backed up, you need to know a little bit about where they’re made: China. Foxconn, the manufacturing company Apple contracts to build iPhones and its other devices, plays a key role in why the delivery times for the iPhone 14 Pros are currently estimated between one to two months. While Foxconn is a Taiwan-based company, its operations and factories are largely in China because of the country’s access to more workers and cheaper labor.

Usually, when supply is “normal” it can take as little as a week to a few weeks for a new iPhone to arrive at your doorstep. But if you’ve been paying attention to international affairs, you’ll know that China has been intolerant of Covid-19 outbreaks. That is, despite mass vaccination, China has what’s called a “zero-Covid” policy, where entire cities, and workplaces like Foxconn, can be locked down until there are no cases of Covid-19. It’s the kind of dystopian order only an authoritarian state can pull off; a stark contrast to the Western world where people are living with Covid-19 like it’s the flu as opposed to trying to eradicate it entirely.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

3 months ago

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Just some additional info so there is not any confusion. It is a 13 Pro so it’s not the brand new one. I would have figured there would be enough to go around. Maybe I thought wrong, but they also indicated that the item was in stock…

dwill05

ACE - Master

• 

7.5K Messages

3 months ago

I don’t think that they ever indicate that phones aren’t actually in stock.  You order status is the best indicator of whether the phone has shipped or not.  The customer service reps don’t have access to a secret order status screen that’s any different than what you can see yourself.  They happily repeat the standard answer of 3-5 working days, while usually not having any specific information to back it up.  And they also can’t actually do anything to speed up your order.  If AT&T is waiting for a restock from Apple in China, then they get the phones when the get them, and when they get them, they send them out.  AT&T can’t make Apple produce the phones any faster, and they won’t skip your order to the head of the line over other people who are waiting on the same phone you ordered.

Your options are pretty much limited to either continue waiting, or cancel the order and get the phone elsewhere.

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

3 months ago

@skeeterintexas

😳

Yikes

dwill05

ACE - Master

• 

7.5K Messages

3 months ago

When a new iPhone model comes out, demand for the previous model picks up a bit since the price on the “old” model drops.  Also, some people may not want to give up the physical SIM slot, so that may make the 13 a little more desirable than the typical “last year” model.  Supply chain issues and COVID lockdowns likely affect the 13s as well as the 14s, especially the lockdowns.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.