Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
kate0997's profile

5 Messages

Tuesday, April 9th, 2024 1:14 AM

Lost or stolen

Unfortunately, I bought a locked mobile phone, and I can't contact the original owner. I hope I can get your help. I really need this mobile phone, and I am desperate and helpless. I hope you can help me.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

1 month ago

If you bought a phone reported lost or stolen, AT&T won’t help you.  They won’t give you any information about who reported the phone lost or stolen, or how to contact them.  I’m guessing that you bought a phone from someone, tried to unlock it, and got rejected because it was reported lost or stolen.  Your only option is to try to get your money back from whoever sold it to you.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

I might also add if the phone is locked or blacklisted because of non-payment, then only the original owner can pay it off. AT&T won't tell you how much is owed nor allow you to pay it off. As mentioned, get your money back. If not, you have an expensive iPod.

5 Messages

1 month ago

@dwill05 

😭😭😭They have disappeared and can't be contacted. This is my only mobile phone, which is badly needed, and it was sold to others and no one took it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

1 month ago

If the phone has been blacklisted it was taken from someone, that's someone was the valid owner of the phone.  

The thief then sold it.    Since you say you cannot contact the person who sold you the phone, that seems to be the most likely. 

The lesson here is don't buy phones second hand from sketchy people 🤨

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

@kate0997  You've been scammed. Sorry.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.