Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
A

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 8th, 2020 1:42 AM

Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device.

I'm trying to unlock an old iphone 6s my mother was using prior to upgrading but I receive: "Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device. Try entering it again. Dial *#06# on your mobile phone to make sure you have the right IMEI." The 6s has been paid off for years...any help?

ACE - Master

• 

10.9K Messages

4 years ago

You’ll likely have to call and talk to tech support. AT&T has been removing the IMEIs of old phones from their database, and your mother’s iphone 6s might have been purged.

• 

3 Messages

Thanks @dwill05! Do you know a direct number? I worry I'll be bounced around representatives...

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

Number is 611 from an AT&T mobile phone, or 1.800.331.0500
Be aware that hold times are very long because most business is being conducted over the phone. You will have to be patient

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@ATTHelp I can't seem to fix this...please help

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I was in the same situation - the website unlock service couldn't unlock my old iPhone6 and the AT&T customer service refused to do anything more about it.

I got it successfully unlocked (by AT&T technicians) within a week after filing an FCC complaint https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.