For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
brhsh1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 4th, 2016 9:58 PM

Locked Iphone 6

I have an unlocked Iphone 6 that I bought from Apple store and now it's locked and when I contacted apple they said your Iphone is locked from ATT and they are the ones that locked it try to contact them. when I tried to contact ATT I coudln't because I'm the gophone prepaid and my iphone is not related to ATT. The messages I recieved are:

1- the sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a carier that is not supported under the activation policythat is currently assigned by the activation server this is not hardware issue with iphone please insert another sim cardfrom a supported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carriers

2-The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T wireless phone or tablet. Please re-enter the correct 15-digit IMEI number for your AT&T wireless phone or tablet. You can obtain the IMEI number from the wireless phone by dialing *#06#.

Apple support says contact ATT but how can I contact them? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Submit an unlock request here.  https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

The unlock policy for Gophone is phones are locked for 6 months of paid service on that phone.  

BUT... When you buy a non Gophone, you can request an exception.  If the unlock portal doesn't do the job, message here @ATTMobilityCare and ask for the exception.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

hello I get the following error when trying to get my desblosqueo code for nokia lumia 530 

The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T wireless phone or tablet. Please re-enter the correct 15-digit IMEI number for your AT&T wireless phone or tablet. You can obtain the IMEI number from the wireless phone by dialing *#06#.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

What network have you used the phone on?   

What model number is the phone? (A1549 GSM )

Are you trying to use the GSM version on Verizon, Sprint or other CDMA network?  The GSM version of the iPhone 6 has no CDMA bands, and would not work, and show the error you posted.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the same problem.  Mine is an AT&T Galaxy S5 when I was a customer earlier.  Customer support tells me I should be able to unlock with no problem but I keep getting the error:

The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T wireless phone or tablet

Thanks for any help, 

Joe

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I purchased an unlocked ATT iPhone 6s Plus to use with my H2o sim card.  When we put the sim card in it, it locked the phone and got an error stating this sim card is not supported.  Please insert a sim card without a pin lock (I believe).  So the store where purchased has been trying to get the phone unlocked for over a week 1/2.  They first said it was a software issue and the Apple store gave it back to them after diagnosing and their "IT Guy" is in the process of getting it unlocked.  First, it was Apple to get it unlocked and just found out today that someone tried to use it with Sprint, so it was locked through Sprint and ATT.  But she told me that it has already been unlocked with Sprint, just waiting on AT&T and I took it upon myself to go to ATT and told them a brief run down and he gave the website to go to and get it unlocked through ATT and I'm getting the same thing: The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an ATT wireless phone or tablet.  Could it be that they are lying and it's not unlocked through Sprint yet because they are telling me that it's now going to be another 3-4 days, so basically this coming Thursday.  And how will it be guaranteed that the H2o sim card won't do the same thing? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.