The new iPhone 15
Imhb1977's profile

1 Message

Monday, December 4th, 2023 5:19 PM

Issue for years: Not being able to send text messages to android phones on other networks

How do I have someone from ATT check who the owner of my phone number is in the METCALFS (?) text messaging system? Every since my number moved from Google Voice to ATT, I have been having the issue of not being able to text message android devices on other carriers.  I have tried all the suggestions, and even received a new phone and still having the same issues.  The ATT technicians in the store, suggested I change my phone number and that would be the only solution.  Ridiculous!  In looking online for the solution, including in this forum, other people noted that it has to do with who the owner of the phone number is in that system and that the number did not port correctly.  I would like someone to check to see if this is in fact the cause of my issues.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.8K Messages

3 months ago

File a complaint with the BBB. That gets forwarded to AT&T Corporate who will have someone from the Office of the President contact you.

We had that issue a couple of years ago when we upgraded our cellular plan. We also had issues receiving 2FA notifications as well. In our case, it took a Senior Manager 2 days to figure out that there was a corrupted file on our account that IT had to isolate and fix. I'm not saying that your issue is the same but ever since they fixed it, we have not had any issues on our Family Plan (5 iPhones) with 2FA or sending/receivng SMS/MMS to our Android friends regardless of who their service provider is (usually Verizon). It's certainly worth a try because the stores (Corporate) can't do anything about it and the usual Support channels will be of very little help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.