For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
N

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 17th, 2020 2:27 PM

Is the coverage map not accurate for Melrose, ID?

I was considering a move to an address in Melrose, ID.  When I visited this address over the weekend, I had no coverage with ATT, which is a major problem since we exclusively use ATT at my place of business.  The coverage map shows that I should've at least had 4G coverage, with 5G already in the area. I know my phone was acting up (not switching timezones, etc.) much of the trip. Was this an issue with my phone (iPhone6s), or is the coverage map not accurate for this location?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Unless an ATT customer from that area happens to answer, there really is no way to determine if your issue was coverage or phone. Dead spots are possible anywhere so it was likely coverage but until you have confirmation of other ATT customers not getting coverage at that location, no way to know.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 years ago

Coverage maps are general not specific. While the entire area may have indicated LTE and 5G coverage a specific spot on the map may not be covered. Either plan on changing carriers or selecting a different location for your home.

Wi-Fi calling is available for all of the current phones including your 6s,

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks sandblaster/lizdance,

Understood.  That's unfortunate as I had no reception from eastern Lewiston to the location in question, and then northeast to Orofino.  This deviates substantially from the coverage map and if this was an issue with service as expected and not my iphone, this renders the coverage map useless as it would be entirely inaccurate within a fairly large 25-30 mile radius. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 years ago

Just for Giggles you can file an FCC complaint. A small local area with no service would be perfectly acceptable in Normal. 25 or 30 miles is not

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.