Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Kam321's profile

3 Messages

Sunday, April 14th, 2024 2:12 AM

Is my device covered if it was stolen while I had coverage

My watch was stolen and I had AT&T Protect Advantage when it happened, but my husband just canceled the insurance without me knowing. Will they still cover it since the insurance was in place when it happened? I tried pinging in and calling the bar where I was, but someone clearly shut it down immediately when they took it. Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

1 month ago

If you had AppleCare+, yes. If you bought in to the krappy Asurion insurance that AT&T sells, read the agreement. At any rate, use Find My Phone and lock it down and/or erase it. Make sure call AT&T and tell them your phone was stolen and cancel or suspend the line. See what they have to say. They will continue to charge you for the service even tho you don’t have a phone.

3 Messages

1 month ago

It was a watch, and Asurion says they replace stolen items. The question is, will they cover it because I had insurance at the time or try to get out of it because the policy was canceled after the fact? 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

1 month ago

@Kam321  Asurion insurance is questionable at best. You need to work directly with Asurion because that is who you are insured with, not AT&T. Good luck.

If Asurion does replace it don’t expect a new watch. More than likely it will be a refurb.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.