Troubleshoot your device issues
Ohiotrooper's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 6, 2015 10:41 AM

iPhopne 6 not recieving Updates or new Apps...

I upgraded my iPhone 3s on Dec. 03 2014 to the iPhone 6.  My iPhone 6 will not accept ANY Updates from Apple or new Apps that I purchase.

Troubleshooting done:

Turned off LTE for voice and Data

Turned off Cellullar Data

My phone has plenty of memory available and I can connect to my WI-Fi just fine (3 or 4 dotts).

When I click on "Update", the partial circle just sits and spins...for hours...overnight if I let it.  Once I atttempt to Update an App, the icon on the home screen turns 'Brown' and says waiting so I cannot use it.  If I delete the App (to stop the Update), I cannot download it again, even though I purchased it prior.

Any ideas would be appricieated.  AT&T support has NO clue what to do; I reported this issue only 4 days past the 2 week in house warranty period, and AT&T will not exchange the phone.  Very disapointed for a $600 phone and the nearest Apple store is several hours away.

MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

8年前

Are you sure connected to wifi? WiFi is not 3 or 4 dots, suppose to be the wave spreading upwards when on WIFI, and phone connected to power to download and install updates from Apple. Do not know about new apps.Smiley Surprised

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.6K Messages

8年前

Have you tried using iTunes to download and install updates? when was the last time you power cycled your phone? You phone is a computer and needs to be rebooted occassionally.

AT&T doesn't support the phone, they provide the wireless signal for it, only the manufacturer does. If the above suggestion doesn't help, a trip to the Apple Genius bar is in order.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

8年前

Double check your wifi connection. Your wifi will display as a fan shape in notifications.
( setting > wifi Select your home network and make sure it is connected )

Did you sign in to your Apple ID in both iTunes Store and icloud on the phone.
You should be using the same Apple ID as on your old phone.
ABOUT YOUR APPLE ID. http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201683

You can download past iTunes purchases directly to the phone with the original Apple ID.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*****PLEASE do not post any personal, private or identifying information. *****
This is a customer to customer forum. We can't guarantee an employee will see your post.
We will do our best to help you.
Please provide enough details of your problem so that we aren't asking you dumb question, or worse, giving you dumb answers.

If we are able to help you, please mark the solution so it may help others. 🍎🍎
Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.