Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
AM_phone's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Nov 19, 2017 8:19 PM

iPhone X voicemail not playing

Just upgraded to an iPhone X - voicemail is not playing - have to call ATT to retrieve - ARGH - restarted several times & reset network settings 

Anyone else experiencing this? Any resolution?

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

Having the same issue.  However, when I call to my voicemail, it says my 10-digit number isn't known.  And when I call my number, I get a general greeting that my number isn't available and don't have the opportunity to leave a voicemail.  I've reset my network settings too.  iPhone X.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

"Reset all settings" finally got my voicemail to be playable on my iPhone X today. You will have to redo your wifi passwords though - small price to pay to get this resolved...

good luck!

with respect to your 10 digit phone number not being available I would suggest you call ATT - good luck with that also!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

Sorry I'm a little late to this, but where did you find "Reset all settings"? I'm assuming under "General" but then where? Under "Reset" then "Reset All Settings"? And the only big thing is resetting the wifi network password out of that? Are there other things you have to worry about resetting, too?

TIA,

Dr. Dave

MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

4 y ago

@ddhatfi: You go into Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings, reset network settings, etc. Reset network settings will clear wifi network passwords. Reset all settings will clear Face ID, credit card passwords in phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

@MR_SMiT Thank you for your response. To fix the "voicemail not playing back" problem though, can I just "reset network settings" and just reenter the wifi password, or do I need to "reset all settings" and totally start over with setting up my iPhone X?

TIA

Dr. Dave

MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

4 y ago

@ddhatfi wrote:

@MR_SMiT Thank you for your response. To fix the "voicemail not playing back" problem though, can I just "reset network settings" and just reenter the wifi password, or do I need to "reset all settings" and totally start over with setting up my iPhone X?

TIA

Dr. Dave

Apparenty, not the solution. Honestly, I do not know the answer to your problem with “ voicemail not playing back.” I only said how get into settings, and to reset. But I notice in my iPhone X voicemail, there is “transcribing voicemail” message before voicemail is played. I don’t if that’s how with new iPhone X, or iOS issues.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

@MR_SMiT Thanks anyway! You did help me get to the right place for the reset. I just need to know which reset command the OP used to get his voicemail working again. I'll just have to try the reset network settings first, then the reset all after that. I'll do a backup in iTunes before, though, so I can always recover where I'm at. I'll go play around in the Apple Support forums some more, too, and see if they have anything on this now.

Thanks again,

Dr. Dave

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

Just ran into same issue. When I tried troubleshooting thru myAT&T it said no mailbox was active and to call att support to activate that feature. 😲  AT&T rep had to add it as a “new” feature. Then after we got that working she had to add visual voice mail as well. While I do now have a working voicemail box I have lost all older voicemails.  Hope this helps anyone from hours of agony on the phone and/or resetting all settings. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Same issue here!  Just got a new Iphone X and it wouldn't allow me to set up a voicemail and when someone called me it said I the caller was not available and hung up.  I had to spend a lot of time on with AT&T to try and figure this out, only to have them tell me it should work, once we hung up, still not working!  You would think that with a $1,000 phone, they would have such a major and simple function figured out!  Frustrating...not sure if it is Iphone or AT&T, but either way, they both are making lots of money to be able to keep up on these upgrades...working in the software industry, it makes it even more maddening! 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.