For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
mrsitarasingh's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 5th, 2018 2:12 AM

iPhone X Unlocking Issues

Hello,

I purchased my iPhone X (full payment done upon purchase) from an AT&T Store on 12/29/2017. What I wasn’t told at the time of purchase was that the phone will be locked for 6 months to my AT&T Prepaid number which was also purchased at the same time I bought my phone. 

This frustrated me, however I waited. I am currently enrolled in the $65/month plan. I use Auto-Pay so there are no issues with my payment. I recently tried unlocking my phone after a full 6 months of paid service, and it was rejected. Reason? “Your device has not been active for 6 months.” 

This is honestly extremely frustrating, as I travel internationally a lot and cannot purchase an “International Day Pass” as I am a Prepaid user. My iPhone X is my primary phone, and due to that, I have had to get a new phone which I use as a hotspot for my main device in international countries. I would also like to point out that, even when I was traveling internationally, sometimes longer than a month abroad, I kept my $65/month active just so that I can be eligible to fully own the phone for which I paid over $1000 (full price). No installements. No credit card. Full payment done.

In fact, this should never have happened to me in the first place. Locking my phone which I have paid the full price for? I will reserve my frustration at the moment, but I honestly find AT&T appalling in such matters.

I sincerely hope that someone can help me with this matter as I want my phone unlocked.

Thank you for your time.

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.