Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
iChip16's profile
iChip16
#1 Star!
Picasso
Supersonic 25!

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

Fri, Oct 27, 2017 7:29 PM

Closed

iPhone X Ordered! Let the countdown begin!

Give your order specs, estimated delivery date, and where you ordered from. Let's keep each other updated on our order progress.

SPECS: iPhone X, 256GB, Silver (GSM) AT&T
DELIVERS: 03 Nov, 2017 by Standard Shipping
ORDERED: Directly through the Apple website

iphone-x-silver-space-gray.jpg

1 Attachment

Responses

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

@Mikan91 Was your order status on the website updated to show the info from your emails, or is it still showing "preparing to ship" and displaying your original date ranges

No, the website is dumb.  If you log into your account and click on "My Orders", my order status there is never correct.  It still shows "Preparing to ship" with the original date range.

The best and ONLY way to check the current order status, is to use the link provided in the email updates.  

When the email said "preparing to ship", my account online said "In progress".  When the email said "Shipped" my account said (and still does say) "preparing to ship."

Not surprised.  ATT's website is trash.

Dookwich

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

3 years ago

@Mikan91 Yeah, the website is awful. Well, I'm glad yours shipped, but I ordered the exact same model on 11/11 and I've seen ZERO progress on mine.  It's been "preparing to ship" for two weeks now. No emails, no change in estimated shipping dates since the day I ordered. Not happy at all right now.

BeepBoop

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

I also ordered space grey 256 gb. I placed my order over the phone with AT&T on November 10th. I am amazed that nothing has changed. On November 12th I received a text that said it was “almost ready to ship” but the site says “in progress”.  I wonder why they seem to be shipping out of order. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Yeah, I honestly don't know guys. Perhaps it has something to do with how long you've had an account with AT&T, how much money you give them every month etc. Who knows what order they decide to fulfill in.

Apologies for your delays. I hope you all get your devices soon! The wait was killing me.

However I will say, it's been worth it. I absolutely love this phone, coming from a regular iphone 7. This is the iPhone that I have always wanted in my head.
BeepBoop

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

Not sure if that is the process they use.  But I have been a customer for almost 8 years, I have 8 lines and pay just under $500 a month.  I am guessing it is random though. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

I have been following a couple of threads on order vs ship dates for the iPhone X.  In the Macrumors forum there are about 5 of us who got discounted pricing through our corporate premier accounts.  We all ordered on 10/27 and haven't had any movement on our orders.  Seems like we are all waiting for the SG 256GB model.

Anyone here have the same experience?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Yes! My confirmations says it will be shipped 12/12 - 12/19 and haven't gotten any updates despite other people who have ordered the 256gb SG later and have already gotten their phones...

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

It looks as if my Apple store has a 256 GB SG available for pickup today. I am so tempted to cancel my order with AT&T  but I would have to drive an hour to the Apple store after work today. Trying to see if it's worth it... Hmmmmmmm

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I commented here before, but I can't find it. I ordered mine on 11/15, and got it Friday on 11/24. I love the phone! Sorry to hear that some of you aren't having the same luck.

Dookwich

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

3 years ago

@warrior773 Which model? The Space Gray 256GB (and to a lesser extent, the SG 64GB) appear to be the ones that are in short supply for AT&T, whereas both versions of the Silver seem to be going out in a timely manner.

Dookwich

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

3 years ago

@thegadson6 Exact same predicament here. Interestingly, if Apple's website is to be believed, the SG 256GB is the only model of the X currently in stock at my nearest Apple Store. If I had faith that the process wouldn't be a nightmare for me, I'd probably do it.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same here.  No movement whatsoever.  It still says "in progress" with the dates, December 4, 2017 - December 18, 2017.

"I have been following a couple of threads on order vs ship dates for the iPhone X.  In the Macrumors forum there are about 5 of us who got discounted pricing through our corporate premier accounts.  We all ordered on 10/27 and haven't had any movement on our orders.  Seems like we are all waiting for the SG 256GB model.

Anyone here have the same experience?"

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

That's incredibly frustrating to me, then. I ordered mine (exact same model) the day that orders opened (11/3 IIRC), and my order status has been "Estimated shipping December 4 - December 18" the whole time. No email updates. No status changes (I've checked it frequently). Feels unfair for someone to come along 2 weeks later, order the same product, and get it before me. Grr.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Sorry man.  I wish I had an answer for you.

ATT told me that it's sequential, and people ordering before me, would get theirs before me, but it is obviously not the case.  

There has to be some sort of logistics involved that is the most efficient for AT&T...even if it's not fair to the customers.  

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Okay, so I am a happy customer today... I just received two emails from AT&T indicating that my phone has been shipped and will arrive tomorrow!!

I ordered a 64GB SG iPhone X and a screen protector with bill to me later on November 17th on att.com around 5:15 pm; original shipping dates of December 11th - December 18th. On November 20th, I received an email indicating that my shipping dates were being moved up to November 27th - December 4th. I began to panic when I didn't receive a "ready to ship" email like everyone else was receiving so yesterday I decided to check apple.com and sure enough they had a 256GB SG available but it was an hour away. I didn't want to have some freak glitch happen and lose my position with AT&T so I didn't cancel my order. However, I did think that the screen protector might just hold my phone up after finding out that there were no locations carrying the screen protector I ordered. I followed my first mind and canceled my screen protector yesterday and finally got the shipping confirmation a little while ago. Whewwwwww!! Good luck guys!!!

Get started...

Ask a new question