The new iPhone 15
iChip16's profile

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

Friday, October 27th, 2017 7:29 PM

Closed

iPhone X Ordered! Let the countdown begin!

Give your order specs, estimated delivery date, and where you ordered from. Let's keep each other updated on our order progress.

SPECS: iPhone X, 256GB, Silver (GSM) AT&T
DELIVERS: 03 Nov, 2017 by Standard Shipping
ORDERED: Directly through the Apple website

iphone-x-silver-space-gray.jpg

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

jayroc literally in the same boat!! In progress and got the email about trade in ...

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

6 years ago

@jorieldc They're just making stuff up as they go.  As we've seen throughout this thread the reasoning behind order completion is random at best and all sizes and colors are being shipped out no matter the time ordered or initially shipping estimates.

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

6 years ago

@lyndsaut at least I'm in good company Smiley Very Happy

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

6 years ago

IMG_3374.jpg

I got my X early this morning and am loving it.

Positives: It's beautiful, feels solid and amazing, doesn't feel too big or too small, FACE ID has been working flawlessly and quickly, the sound quality of the speakers is improved (IMO), it's fast ... and Animojis = 💯 -- they are really silly fluff, but totally fun.

Negatives: Battery percentage isn't visible by default and not something you can tweak like on other phones under the battery settings. Also, killing apps -- you have to swipe up and hold to get into the multitasking mode and then to kill apps you have to press and hold the apps to get the close option. Why not just swipe up from multitasking on each app you want to kill like on other phones? It seems intuitive to follow the basic function that's in the other phones. Also, coming from a 7 Plus to an X I'm losing my landscape orientation when I rotate my phone and that just seems crazy to me. The screen is bigger than the 7 Plus & 8 Plus so why not keep that feature implemented??? Last, back to the Animojis -- I think because making them uses your infrared camera it eats your battery quicker.

Those of you who have yours, enjoy! Those who don't have them yet, you're going to be blown away.

Here's a great article with help for figuring out new gestures and controls for your X: https://www.wsj.com/articles/iphone-x-review-yes-there-are-reasons-to-pay-apple-1-000-1509724800

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I made my order a little past midnight last Friday for an iPhone X in Silver/256GB. Since then the order as been listed online as “In Progress” and “Delivery by Date: November 3”.

I received an email and text earlier this week that my order would be shipped on November 2. The status online has not changed with the order still listed as in progress with delivery on November 3.

Earlier today I chatted with a rep who said the order would be delivered today.

I called back later and the person I spoke with said the device was on backorder with a shipping date of December. (!!)

I called back a third time and spoke to someone who said the order is listed in the system as shipping today (Nov 3) and will deliver tomorrow (Saturday) or Monday.

I’m not sure if anyone really knows. I am giving up and am going to get on with my day. Very frustrating but certainly a #FirstWorldProblem.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Has anyone that ordered their phone on 10/27 at like 10 am EST / 7 am PT had their phone ship? I curious if I am in the same boat as other people that ordered during this time. Order Status : "In Progress" Smiley Mad

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I ordered mine on Oct. 27 at 11:59 est. and got my Silver 64gb iPhone X shipped today and in my car sealed in the shipping box still. Can't wait until I get out at 10pm...

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

@AppleChicago303 I ordered at 11:30 am EST and have in progress since that day with estimated shipping dates nov 2 - 10th 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I had two orders on 10/27, one at 4:51am and the other at 5:13am EST. Estimated shipping date Nov 2 - Nov 10 since day of order. Chatted with a rep today, and she told me my order wasn't "processed until 9am." Doesn't make sense though considering I received an email confirmation with an order number and "contract" (not sure why bc I picked the pay in full option). No movement as of today.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

6 years ago

@gbhanna Hey no problem, i know it stinks when you are so close to having phone and it falls through.. Just so you know I spoke to DM and they had a glitch in system and unknowledgeable sales people over there. When you go into target their systems don't show authorized users on account just the main account holder, they make a phone call to primary and ask if its ok which is stupid because they don't know who they are calling it can be anyone. The DM said to go in there and complain try not get anyone in trouble but anyone who had an issue would be getting a 25 target gift card.. Its a little harder to get phone from them because there computers and systems they use to activate suc*.. I ended up having an issue after the fact but got it taken care of

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.