• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 20th, 2021 3:58 AM

iphone unlock

i buy iphone in usa with at&t last year

i went to home korea

i changed my iphone in apple care

my previous  iphone is apple now, new iphone is mine

my previous iphone is at&t lock, so i tried to unlock att website(www.att.com/unlockdevice)

but it doesn't work because previous my iphone is apple, so my previous iphone imei is on blacklist, so i caanot unlock my iphone

and new iphone cannot also unlock because apple toss previous information to new iphone

so i called apple korea, apple korea said that is not slove problem, because the lock is att's lock

so i called att company, att said we had your previous iphone imei lock, so new phone imei cannot unlock and previous iphone imei also cannot unlock because your previous iphone is blacklist.

how can i unlock my iphone ?

i think att ask apple korea for my previous iphone change new phone,

if that is true, att is iemi change(previous iphone imei ->new imei) or att can use unlocking previous imei.

help me plz....

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hard to read your post.  It sounds like you bought a phone, and then had it replaced under insurance.  In that instance, the old phone (the one that was replaced) is blacklisted because the insurance company now owns it.  The replacement phone shouldn’t be blacklisted, however it will carry over any obligations from the original phone.  For example, if the original phone wasn’t paid off, the remaining balance will transfer to the replacement phone, and it will need to be paid off before it can be unlocked.  Same deal if you haven’t met the minimum term of service yet.  Is this the situation you are describing?

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

yes, you're correct, but

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Not paid off, minimum term of service yet But just change my iphone in apple insurance

i think if at&t contacts with apple, my iphone lock is unlock.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.