The new iPhone 15
CeeGeeA7's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, January 29th, 2017 4:51 PM

Closed

Iphone Unlock phone approved but no service and not working

Hi, i received an approval email, followed instructions, and its gave me a " no service" when i turned on my phone on a non att sim card. I requested 3 times already and still not working. Please help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 My iPhone unlock instructions were 

We have reviewed your request and confirmed that the device may be unlocked. Please follow the unlock instructions below to unlock your device. Please allow 24 hours upon receipt of this notification to complete the unlock process.

• A) Using a Non-AT&T SIM Card: 1) Remove your SIM card and insert the new SIM card. 2) Complete the setup process. 

• B) Using an AT&T SIM Card 1) Back up your iPhone. 2) When you have a backup, erase your iPhone. 3) Restore your iPhone from the backup you just made.

Thank you for your business. For other questions about our AT&T wireless service or other Mobile devices, please visit att.com

I only did A and was able to use a FreedomPOP SIM in my iPhone 6s.  I did not need to erase.  

FYI, I believe doing choice B should get still you a message in iTunes that it's unlocked at some point in the process.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

I unlocked iPhones with an ATT SIM card, using iTunes I backed up to computer, manually erased, then set up as new with backup.  

It took two attempts to get the message.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@CeeGeeA7 What instructions?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Hi GaryLapointe,

Congratulations! Your request was approved

We received and approved your request to unlock your Apple iPhone, device. Use the instructions in this email to unlock your device.

Instructions:
Once you have received the email confirming AT&T has approved and processed your unlock request, follow these instructions to complete the unlock for your device.

Using a Non-AT&T SIM Card:

1. Remove your SIM card and insert the new SIM card.

2. Complete the setup process.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@CeeGeeA7 Sounds good.

Did you try a different SIM card?

Where did you get that SIM card? Are you certain the new SIM is working properly?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, i have tmobile carrier now and have tried 2 sim cards. I have to take my daughter's from her iphone and tried it on this phone im trying to unlock but It did not work. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@CeeGeeA7 You've powered your phone off and all the way back on? 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, turned it off and back on. Reset. Take the sim card out again, put it back in, turned it on. So many times, and still gave me the same issue. Tried it again the next day...still the same...

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

Did you back up, erase, then setup as new with backup?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

No i didnt do that one...should i back it up without the sim card first?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.