The new iPhone 15
Dwilmuzik's profile

1 Message

Thursday, July 20th, 2023 7:26 PM

IPhone stuck in SOS

1 week after warranty expired, Phone stuck in SOS since July 10th. Numerous chats, store visits and upcharges later still doesn’t work. I was told to buy the insurance and then they could get it fixed for me because I have to play with the Sim card and totally resetting my phone. They said it was a hardware issue. I buy the insurance and go back and they say I have to send the phone in and it’s probably going to be a $250 deductible. Which means you’re really going to do nothing but throw it away and send me another one.

I don’t understand what AT&T is doing But they really need to be doing better with fixing this issue. No one can call me and obviously no one can help me, so why am I still paying for a phone that doesn’t work and a plan that doesn’t give me any service.

No service for 20 days and counting.

ACE - Master

• 

10K Messages

7 months ago

Not sure what you’re expecting AT&T to do.  If it’s a hardware problem with the phone, then AT&T isn’t going to fix it.  They don’t repair or do any work on iPhones.  If the Apple warranty was still good, then it would be on Apple to fix it.  Since you said the warranty ran out, that’s not an option.  That leave the insurance you bought, which is actually through Asurion, not AT&T (AT&T just does the billing).  It’s Asurion’s choice whether to repair the phone, or just replace it with a refurbished phone.  They really aren’t in the phone fixing business either, unless it’s something relatively simple and common like the glass.  As far as the $250 deductible, that’s how that insurance works.

About all that AT&T could realistically do is give you a break on paying for the service while your phone is broken, but that’s pretty unlikely.  They aren’t going to fix your phone or give you a loaner phone, because they don’t do either of those things.  They’re a company that sells phone service.  Them selling a phone to use their phone service with doesn’t make them responsible for the phone going bad.  That’s what phone warranties and insurance are for.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.