Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Jan 3, 2019 6:56 AM

Iphone disabled connect to itunes because of broken screen.-

Hello, i have an iphone 8 plus which i purchased from at&t a while ago.

A few weeks ago my screen broke and it went crazy.

I went to fix the screen yesterday and it shows the iphone has been disabled, that i need to connect to itunes.

I've tried doing that and logging in into my icloud but i can't because i need a passcode for two step verification which i can't do because my iphone is locked.

I know the passcode for entering the iphone but i can't because it's disabled, i have my icloud information as well but i can't access it because of the two step verification

What can i do to access my phone?.

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

2 years ago

Contact apple...  was the screen you used OEM or 3rd party...

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

45.9K Messages

2 years ago

Did you not add a second trusted number or email address to the two factor authorization? Apple will send the access code to those alternate destinations.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I think i did not do that. I have access to the primary e-mail which i used to create my apple id and use as icloud sign in but i don’t get that as a recovery option, only option i get is my phone number which i can’t use because it’s locked.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

It’s 3d party, is apple my only option? If i take it to a nearby att store wouldn’t they be able to help me?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

By the way thanks for taking the time to help me.

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.5K Messages

2 years ago

Why not swap your SIM into another device (ideally an unused one, because you have to do all the account set up on the phone), and get the reset code that way?
Worst-case, if you want to avoid the store, there are some really, really cheap phones out there...

I'm not an iOS expert (far from it), but two-factor authentication is fairly generic, in principle, it's just the factor(s) itself that sometimes varies.

Like everyone mentioned though, make sure to set up at least two(2) 2nd factors, if you can; most allow/encourage an email and alternate phone, or similar (there are other, fancier alternatives too, probably beyond the scope here though).

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Awesome! this worked for accessing my icloud only though. 😞

I've never synced my iphone to any itunes before.

I know the passcode to access my iphone but it won't let me because it's disabled, is there a way to work around it so i don't lose my data?

Or who can i contact to solve this issue, att or apple?

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.5K Messages

2 years ago

@aristolulI'm still not an Apple (iOS) expert, but I'm fairly certain that your best bet, at this point, is an Apple store visit.

If anyone knows the tricks to work around the iTunes issue, with your known credentials, it's going to be them, NOT an AT&T CS person.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

2 years ago

@aristolul wrote:

Awesome! this worked for accessing my icloud only though. 😞

I've never synced my iphone to any itunes before.

I know the passcode to access my iphone but it won't let me because it's disabled, is there a way to work around it so i don't lose my data?

Or who can i contact to solve this issue, att or apple?

@aristolul

First off NEVER do a repair if you have not backed up the device.

Here is a little info I dug up

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/283661/iPhone+6+locked+after+screen+replacement

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.5K Messages

2 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 Yeah, I guess I missed the "fix" part, or maybe I assumed this was unplug/plug a cable, or something, not a full-on "screen replacement" ;-]

That iFixIt (I LOVE their site, I have all the t-shirts, etc, from way back, and have a couple of articles on it as well) article cautions about "not caring about the data" and having a "full backup" though, unless I'm mis-reading it, which seems to be part of the issue here?

Anyway, @aristolul, what @GLIMMERMAN76 said about the backups is 110% spot-on.  Not sure if you could've done a backup though, it sounds like your phone wasn't accessible, because of the 2-factor "issue", once the screen broke, anyway?
I'm not really up on the iOS backup scheme though, maybe you can still do a backup without fully unlocking?  I'm now in way over my head, in terms of iOS, except the generic concepts (2-factor, backups, etc) ;-]

Get started...

Ask a new question